Work closely with the General Manager on all aspects of community management and fill the role of General Manager in his or her absence. Work with General Manager to hire, train and develop staff, including counseling and reviewing employees as necessary. Works with General Manager and maintenance team to ensure that apartment units, common areas and grounds are maintained per property standards.
Oversee customer/resident services for retention purposes. Administrative tasks including maintaining records, reports and files and assisting in the preparation of accident/insurance claim reports.
Monitor and handle late payments, collections, evictions, and tenant move-ins and move-outs.
Produces daily, weekly and monthly property activity reports concerning financial, leasing, maintenance and other matters.
Assist in resolving all tenant complaints and violations in a timely manner. Assist in the managing purchase requisitions and supervising third party vendors. Such other tasks or assignments as may be required by management. Assists General Manager with scheduling employee workloads. Aid in the leasing process, monitor leases, participate in marketing efforts, and assist in the renewal process and rent increases.
- Strong leadership, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical skills and basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to manage and work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Knowledge of building systems and building maintenance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi computer system
- Familiarity with local real estate laws and regulations helpful
Education and/or Experience
Back to all positions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not necessary.
- Management experience preferred.
- Construction and customer service experience helpful.