General Manager - Alameda
Oversee all aspects of operations & sales for the community, including managing the day to day operations, providing leadership/coaching to the AGM, Sales Manager, and Maintenance Director, and ensuring the community standards.
Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
- Lead, train and develop staff. Manage all employees (Sales, Maintenance, Admin) and meet with employees to discuss job performance, development, and disciplinary action as needed.
- Maintain positive relationships with owners/investors, including but not limited to: providing weekly or bi-weekly asset management updates or any other reporting requested.
- Manage the property budget and make decisions to maximize revenue and minimize expenses, review monthly income statements, account for variances in budget.
- Monitor property compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and compliance local laws as they relate to the company or the property-specific guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all times firm, fair and consistent administration of all legal and company policies and practices.
- Manage lease renewal process and provide monthly proposal for lease renewal rates.
- Assist in resolving legal cases and oversee eviction proceedings.
- Oversee Maintenance Projects & ensure Maintenance team is achieving goals, ensuring move-ins/outs are properly executed along with any special projects.
- Resolve resident complaints and actively oversee and resolve all lease violations in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and mathematical skills.
- Solid leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of building systems and building maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Familiarity with local real estate laws and regulations.
Education and/or Experience
Back to all positions
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Residential Property Management experience overseeing 200 plus units or more.
- Construction and customer service experience.