Supervise all aspects of daily operations of an apartment community: leasing, occupancy, customer satisfaction, administration, maintenance, security, personnel, purchasing. Help in preserving and increasing the value of the apartment community; manage the day-to-day overall operations of the property and ensure the property is maintained and improved and is financially successful.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Supervise, train and motivate staff. Manage all employees (office and maintenance) and meet with employees to discuss job performance, grievances, disciplinary action, etc.
• Manage the property budget and make decisions to maximize revenue and minimize expenses, review monthly income statements, account for variances in budget.
• Monitor property compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and compliance local laws as they relate to the company or the property-specific guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all times firm, fair and consistent administration of all legal and company policies and practices.
• Monitor vacancies, property physical conditions, and maintenance issues.
• Help ensure properties are fully occupied in accordance with company goals.
• Negotiate new leases and lease renewals, participate in property showings for prospective tenants, oversee marketing efforts, and monitor tenant move-in/move-out process.
• Ensure rent is collected timely; discuss weekly collection report with senior management; review arrears/late payments; help in resolving legal cases and oversee eviction proceedings.
• Manage property maintenance projects and supervise maintenance staff.
• Resolve tenant complaints and actively oversee and resolve all violations in a timely manner.
• Oversee customer/resident services for retention purposes.
• Manage property administration and administrative tasks including maintaining records, reports and files.
• Maintain property in superior condition in terms of curb appeal, landscaping, exterior paint, carpeting, interior decor and general maintenance consistent with company policies and guidelines.
• Maintain positive employee relations, working to develop a spirit of cooperation and individual responsibility in carrying out routine duties.
• Maintain positive customer relations with prospective residents, guests, and vendors. Provide pleasant and gracious assistance to all who visit the property.
• Prepare accident/insurance claim reports.
• Review and authorize purchase requisitions; approve invoices for payment; solicit proposals for special projects; supervise third party vendors and service companies.
• Perform such other tasks or assignments as may be required by management to facilitate the efficient and safe operation of the community.