Jr. Maintenance Tech – Menlo Park
The Junior Maintenance Tech performs any combination of cleaning and light maintenance/repair duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community and ensures that the community meets the quality cleaning standards set by Maximus Real Estate Partners, Ltd.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
- Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis. Assist in the preparation of market-ready units, including removing trash from vacant apartments prior to make-ready.
- Assist in the cleaning of available apartments and/or models.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions and ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected/reported in a timely manner.
- Respond to resident service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on vacates, models, clubhouse, and/or communal areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Moving/lifting heavy objects as necessary.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor or General Manager on special maintenance projects, (i.e., preventative maintenance of building components and/or mechanicals)
- Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public at all times, on or off the property.
- Attend and assist in setting up for resident functions and activities.
- Light maintenance functions may include light bulb and filter changes, caulking, painting, lock repairs, pool maintenance, and HVAC.
- Assist management team and other staff members with other various tasks required and perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires that the employee be “on-call”, periodically, to respond to after-hours maintenance emergencies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Back to all positions
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in housekeeping/janitorial.
- Use of hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions.
- Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- Inside and outside work in all types of weather.
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.