The Porter performs any combination of cleaning duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community, ensuring that the community meets the quality cleaning standards set by Maximus Real Estate Partners, Ltd.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lots, and other community buildings.
- Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including trash removal from vacant apartments prior to make-ready.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor/General Manager and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in the cleaning of available apartments and or models.
- Assist in the troubleshooting/repair of mechanical, carpentry and electrical problems.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Meticulously maintain curb appeal.
- Assist management team with other various tasks required.
- Represent the community in a professional manner at all times-on/off property.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Back to all positions
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in housekeeping/janitorial.
- Use of hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential for job functions.
- Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- Inside and outside work in all types of weather.
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.